Wednesday, November 29, 2006

e[Mac]s keyboard

It's about time someone made a UNIX keyboard for the Mac. I still love my Tactile Pro, and have obviously configured the caps lock key as an additional Control, but that key doesn't feel like the same buckling spring as the rest so it feels weird when I hit it. I just wonder now whether someone's going to make a keyboard with a Command key up there. Probably not, they never did for either the earlier Macs or the NeXT. It would be handy to be able to do cut/copy/paste without having to buckle my thumb or little finger under my hand...Matias' Optimise keyboard looks like it might be efficient but have a confusion curve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're not going to go for broke with the Optimus keyboard then?

They've just announced the pricing, so I do literally mean "broke" :-)